Black Metal Revolution - Frequently Asked Questions
• What if someone has already written about my nominated record?
• Duplicate submissions are welcomed. The goal of Black Metal Revolution is provide a platform for individuals to discuss their most revered Black Metal Records and provide a view of those records through their own eyes. Logically, more than one person is going to cite 'Fallen Angel Of Doom', as their "Desert Island" record and a collective of submissions on a revolutionary record such as this can only serve to provide a greater breadth of insight into that opus.
• Can I only write about full length albums?
• No. As long as your nominated release has been issued on vinyl, it's not relevant whether it's a full length, Mini LP, 7" or even a demo that has been reissued on vinyl. The format is the key element here.
• How broad is the term Black Metal as it applies to submissions?
• If you are able to argue it as a Black Metal release, there are few reasons that inclusion would be disallowed. I have for the most part steered clear of what I would cite as pure "Death Metal" releases such as 'Legion' by Deicide, but the lines can be blurry, and if framed appropriately there is opportunity for inclusion. Otherwise, anything from 'Welcome To Hell' onwards suits. Email with questions
• Will submissions on releases that have not been released on vinyl, but deserve to be?
• No. However if you are aware that a pressing is imminent, go ahead and write about it and as long as it's scheduled for pressing prior to publishing the submission will be included.
Click here for information about contributing.
Click here to read a series of blogs and commentaries posted during the progression of the book.